Hi there! Here is our November 2014 class schedule today. Thank you for waiting!
For the month of November, we will be conducting repeat & requested classes. Also, Coffee & Macaron Master Course (Day3) is back again together with Specialty Coffee & Macaron Framboise class! We have limited seats for all the classes so please do let me know if you are interested to join^^!
I will be going back to Japan from next week till November 4th, so I see you again once I am back! In December, I am planning special X’mas cakes and Entremet cakes so please look forward to it. Thank you so much for always supporting Caramel Factory baking classes!
1. Japanese Souffle Cheesecake & Diamant Sable *Request* – Basic Class -
Japanese moist cotton cheesecake with simple and delicious butter cookie!
DATE: November 12th (Wed.) 11:00am-2:30pm
FEE: RM195 (RM149 for members)
2. Mont Blanc Rollcake & Creme Burlee Chocolat *Repeat* – Premier Class -
Kokutou rollcake with rich chestnut cream inside. Caramelized hazelnuts.
Rich chocolate creme burlee
DATE & TIME: November 9th (Sun.) 11:00am-3:00pm
November 20th (Thurs.) 11:00am-3:00pm
FEE: RM210.00 (RM169.00 for members)
3. Green Tea Layer Cake et Poire & Sable au Chocolat *Repeat* – Premier Class –
Moist genoise cake decorated with green tea*white chocolate cream,
sandwiched with comported pear and tropical fruits jelly.
Rich chocolate sable with a hint of cinnamon spice
*Different recipe from Vanilla viennois.
DATE & TIME: November 16th (Sun.) 11:00am-3:00pm
FEE: RM210.00 (RM169.00 for members)
4. Japanese Roll Bread & Apple Strudel Bun *Repeat* – Basic Class –
Soft Japanese roll bun!
Apple bread with cinnamon and raisin
*Both recipes are different!
DATE & TIME: November 15th (Sat.) 11:00am-2:00pm
FEE: RM180.00 (RM149.00 for members)
5. Coffee Making and Macaron Master Course: Master The Fine Art of Coffee Making and Macarons
This 3 day course is designed to provide the skills and knowledge of coffee and macaron making, focusing on Japanese hand-dripped style of coffee making. It is known as the best way of making coffee and all participants will learn hands-on the techniques of how most coffee is made in cafes in Japan and Korea, as well as a detailed history and the characteristics of beans from different regions around the world.
The course is also intended to immerse you into the mastery of macaron making. Participants will be taught more than 10 kinds of macarons by both French and Italian meringue. The course is fully hands on and baking materials and ingredients are all provided. All participants will receive a certificate of completion from Caramel Factory!
- Introduction To Hand-Dripping Coffee
- History of Coffee: Arabica and Robusta
- Countries and Roast grade
- Step by Step of Making Hand-Dripping Coffee: Make your own Coffee by HARIO method
- Comparison of different kinds of coffee beans (Brazil Santos, Guatemala, Kenya AA, Ethiopian, Papua New Guinea, Blue Mountain, etc.)
- Iced Coffee Making (Cooling method)
- Introduction to Other Coffee Making Techniques: Syphon, Espresso machine and Mocha pot
Italian meringue: Belgium Chocolate Macaron, Apricot Chocolat Macaron, Caramel Macaron, Vanilla Macaron, Green Tea Macaron, Royal Milk Tea Macaron, Blueberry Cheesecake Macaron
French meringue: Lemon Macaron, Mango Macaron, Raspberry Macaron, Passion Fruit Chocolat Macaron
DAY1: November 8th (Sat.) 11:00am-5:00pm
DAY2: November 22nd (Sat.) 11:00am-5:00pm
Day3: November 29th (Sat.) 11:00am-5:00pm
*All days include 1 hour lunch break b/w 1:30pm-2:30pm
FEE: RM1,290.- *RM990 Special price for members who joined my macaron class before Or who is going to join Specialty Coffee & Macaron class.
6. Specialty Coffee & Macaron Framboise Class – Special Class -
*Limited to Coffee & Macaron Master Course graduates only*
This is a class designed for “3 Day Coffee Making and Macaron Master Course” graduates to enhance their knowledge on coffee making and macaron making. Students who want to further learn about coffee and macaron making, please come and join our unique class!
For students who are newly interested in joining the 3 Day Course, we have class in August (you will be entitled to join the Specialty Coffee class as well^^). Please check the class details below!
Here are the class details.
- Learn “Cupping”: Using different kind of coffee beans from commercial beans to specialty coffee beans (COE beans) which I brought back from Japan, you will learn how to do the “coffee cupping”, which is a way to observe the coffee aromas and tastes.
- Pour over coffee: You will practice hand-dripping coffee again. (Beans: Specialty coffee beans/ COE coffee beans, Kaldi brand coffee beans, Brazil Santos, etc.) Let’s try out classmate’s coffee!
We will bake lovely raspberry tower macarons in French meringue method (6cm size x 6pcs).
DATE & TIME: November 30th (Sun.) 11:00am-4:00pm
To register please contact me by email: email@example.com (Tomoko). Thank you and looking forward to seeing you soon!!!